Human Resources Generalist
Responsible for developing and administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following:
- Recruiting, interviewing and selection process, working with Management to determine hiring needs. Implement strategies to determine best sources and most efficient ways to recruit.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation fostering a positive attitude and better understanding of company goals.
- Develop, revise, recommend and implement HR policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Conduct annual review of employee handbook to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Provide employee relations counseling and responding to employee issues. Coach Supervisors and Management to resolve issues and employee concerns.
- Administer benefit programs such as health insurance, dental insurance and 401K. Responsible for recordkeeping, open enrollment, overall administration and participation in plan design.
- Investigate accidents, prepare reports for Workers’ Compensation insurance carrier. Prepares annual report for OSHA.
- Manage unemployment compensation claims and represent the Company during unemployment hearings.
- Initiate human resource activity satisfying all legal requirements. Identify all legal requirements, government reporting and regulations affecting the human resources function.
- Utilize Attendance Enterprise and Paylocity Payroll Administration, processing a weekly payroll for ~150 hourly employees. Provide reports to President, VP and Controller.
- Administration of training, safety and special event
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, of 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and general public.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Knowledge of government regulations and laws related to human resources functions.
- The ability to work with database, human resources information systems, payroll systems, spreadsheet and word processing software, as well as PowerPoint and graphic programs.
- Highly self motivated with extensive organizational capabilities.
Pay commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include Paid Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, and a 401K Plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer.